Your chance to win
- one year of coaching at equivalent of TrainingPeaks Silver level, worth over £1500; and
- free attendance at our Workshop/Endurance Camp in the French Pyrenees from 10th to 17th March.
John Hampshire will work with the winner to form a season plan focused on success in the target race and provide continued support via an interactive training plan along with regular meetings using Skype, FaceTime, telephone or similar. To facilitate this process, the winner will be provided with TrainingPeaks Premium Membership for the duration of the programme.
- A keen, dedicated person interested in training for a European mountain running race in 2018? (Ideally this will be outside the UK)
- Do you like sharing your experiences with others?
- Are you able to train at least 4 times each week, ideally more?
- Feel that running will provide a beneficial focus in your life?
If this is you then why not enter? To enter, email us telling us about how the four questions above apply to you. We would love to know more about you. If you would like more details of what we are offering or of what is involved then please feel free to .
- You must have the goal of a European Mountain Running Race or series as part of their racing plan. Ideally this race will be towards the end of the season, i.e. August or September. Although this race should be a major priority for the year, it needn’t be the only race of the season.
- The mountain race must be a primary goal for the season
- You can be of any ability but must be able to meet the minimum requirements of entry into the target race (some long races require qualification events to have been completed)
- You must either have an entry or be able to get an entry to the target race without undue risk of being refused due to entry limitations. If entries are full for the target race, an alternative, similar race can be substituted but this substitute race should be identified at the outset of the programme.
- You will be more likely to succeed if running forms a very significant part of their lives and fulfils personal needs beyond that of athletic achievement.
- You must attend the camp from 10th to 17th March. Attendance is free but the candidate must get to and from Perpignan at their own cost. JH Coaching will provide accommodation in a shared, self catering apartment, food costs will be shared with other camp attendees.
- You must pay for all your costs associated with your target race(s).
- You will be required to write a blog post at least monthly describing your experiences in a way that may help other interested athletes, as well as being active on social media in general.
- You will not be asked to directly endorse JH Coaching in any way but of course any positive promotional activity would be gratefully accepted.
- Entries must be received before midnight on 21st February and the winner will be informed on or before 25th February.
- The judges decisions will be final and we reserve the right not to choose a winner if no suitable entries are received.