A training camp and learning experience for all levels of sports men and women. Your level is not important but having goals is. Our training camp is specifically designed to help you overcome both mental and physical challenges to achieving your sporting goal - whatever that may be.
Unlike many training camps, we feel it is essential to tailor plans to meet individual needs and achieve personal goals. We therefore do not promote a ‘one size fits all’ schedule. Within our training camp we work with our clients to design and implement bespoke training plans, and hold one to one workshops to help you achieve your potential.
Training is on a self lead basis so you need to take responsibility for finding your way and performing any roadside repairs if you are cycling. We have many tried and tested routes for running and cycling, both on and off road so we can help you find something appropriate and upload files to your navigation device should you use one. We will help you plan your week as part of the camp and make sure you know what to do and where to go so there is no need to worry about being left without help.
We usually find that there is common ground on most days so it is easy to form small compatible groups so you can train with company. Clare and John also ride or run most days and are very happy to show people the local routes if needs and goals coincide.
We hold a series of interactive workshops, these are informal times to learn and exchange ideas.
Each camp will include 5 evening workshops that can be adjusted according to athletes specific needs and interests.
Typical workshops include:
- Creating a training plan, goal setting, planning and the phase planner
- Understanding and using training and race data, training zones for heart rate, power and/or pace
- Nutrition - a facilitated opportunity to share ideas based on our experience and findings (including specific nutritional needs for female athletes where appropriate)
- Sports psychology - discussion of sport psychology techniques that can be taken forward into more specific and focused one to one sessions
- Lifestyle - balancing training with work and other life commitments; managing injuries, niggles and how to build rest and adaptation into your life
One to one sessions
During the camp you will be encouraged to work personally with John and Clare to develop your specific training and lifestyle plans that will help you identify hurdles and barriers that may be limiting you, developing strategies that you can take forward to unlocking your potential and meeting your goals.
One to one sessions can include:
- Training/coaching - planning and reviewing your season based on your training and racing history
- Analysis of training data, training zones, setting optimum training sessions and session reviews (this can be specific to your training during the camp week using your data or using any dataset of your choice)
- How to use equipment such as GPS, heart rate monitors, power meters for running and cycling and how to make the best use of the data you are gathering using tools such as TrainingPeaks, WKO4, Garmin Connect, Suunto Movescount, Polar Personal Trainer, etc.
- Sports psychology/sports hypnosis
- Sports massage/discussions of biomechanics
- Lifestyle - clean up and focus your life to meet your needs
To enable us to develop bespoke training plans for the camp week we offer the opportunity to work with both John and Clare in one to one workshops via skype, prior to your arrival at the camp.
If you are quite new to training, John will work with you to help understand your goals, and to design a training plan that can accelerate you towards them. If you have regular training data, John will use his expertise and years of experience to perform a detailed analysis of your heart rate, power, pace and other data, helping you understand your training and identifying how you may be able to make effective gains to home in on your needs. Whatever your starting point, you will benefit from personal interaction during a one hour Skype call, which will be used to create a bespoke training plan for your time at the camp and beyond.
This will provide a springboard for ongoing performance improvement, with the option to purchase additional ongoing support.
You can get in touch with John by clicking .
A pre-camp questionnaire will be issued to enable you to identify any hurdles that may need to be overcome, to achieve your sporting goals. This will focus on your lifestyle challenges eg. motivation, work, commitment, fear, confidence, work life balance: any aspect that you feel may limit your health, sport or performance success.
A one to one session via Skype or on arrival will be arranged to discuss outcomes of the questionnaire. Within this session and during the week, Clare will use her personal experience and qualifications to help you develop strategies, tools and further practical steps to overcome key hurdles, helping to clear your life and allowing true focus on your sporting goal.
There will be an option to purchase follow up support from Clare should you so wish.
You can contact Clare by clicking .